Meanline & detailed turbomachinery design
The strong partnership between NUMECA International, with its Flow Integrated Numerical Environment, and CONCEPTS NREC with its Agile Engineering Design System, gave rise to the fastest and most accurate CFD suite for Turbomachinery design on the market today.
Concepts NREC’s Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) modules enable engineers to perform meanline design optimisation for all types of rotating machinery.
These modules each have a unique Design Wizard that leads the user through all the necessary steps for design, analysis and data reduction. The meanline design can then easily be sent to AxCent® for further blade design and fluid dynamic analysis.
Application-specific modules for radial compressors, axial turbines & compressors, pumps, and radial turbines offer a variety of features, including:
- Modeling – Two-Elements-in-Series (TEIS) rotor diffusion modeling, two-zone loss modeling, single-zone rotor loss modeling, disk friction, exit mixing, etc.
- Integrated Performance Map Plotting
- Axial View with Velocity Triangles
- Multistage Capability
- Calculation of real fluid thermodynamics
- Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) automation